Sunday, December 10, 2006

My Guru Is Calling Me

Recently I have been feeling this unexplainable feeling that my guru is calling me towards them. I have been meeting an ever increasing series of amazing people. Recently I went to Sebastian and the one they call "Ma". The best way to describe her is imagine if your jewish mother from Brooklyn became a spiritual guru. It was a really wonderful and powerful experience that tugged at my heart. Yet, she is not my guru, by my guru is coming very soon. I think when you meet your guru it is probably like meeting your wife/husband. I am ready to receive any divine gifts that they choose to bestow upon me. I am very excited about my encounter and in many ways Paramanhansa Yoganda the author of "autobiography of a Yogi" is my guru, but I will also be blessed enough to have a guru in the flesh. That encounter shall be taking place in the next 2-3 months. The essence of guru is one who dispels the darkness and helps you to see the way. At least this is my understanding of the guru. They help you to see thru the facade or the maya of everyday living yet to also have a respect for the Maya, but not to be attached to it.

I look forward to sharing with you my experience with my guru. I believe that they are India, but your guru can be anywhere and everywhere. To me India does not seem that far away though I am aware that things take place very differently there then here, but I am looking foward to the journey. May I send all of you blessings in finding your peaceful center and reaching a state of ultimate bliss.

No comments:

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com